Dear Mr. Bond:
First of all I would like to thank you for the help you have provided me to save my dog.
Lucas is a German shepherd puppy who I bought on January 27, 2010. The first day I had him I took him to the vet to check him out and to vaccinate him. Distemper test was negative. That day he also got his second dose of distemper vaccine.
Last Wednesday (February 17th) Lucas woke up with fever, depressed and he didn’t want to eat. I took him to the vet, the doctor who attended him earlier was off that day. The new doctor made a hemogram and determined Lucas had anemia and some kind of infection. Lucas started a treatment or five days that day with antibiotics and injection every day to increase red blood cells. On Friday, Lucas showed no sign of recovery so the Doctor decided to make the distemper test that was positive. Lucas at that moment presented no seizures and only fever some eyes secretion and a nose secretion, he never coughed. At this time I was recommended to put Lucas to sleep since that veterinarian clinic had never had success treating distemper. I refused to put him to sleep and started to search for an alternative treatment on Internet and that’s when I found kindheartsinction web page. Since the veterinary clinic policy was to put to sleep or to take Lucas home, I asked the Doctor at least to give Lucas the NDV treatment which the doctor gave Lucas Friday afternoon.
On Saturday, Lucas presented no nose secretion, and he was better emotionally. He was eating but not too much.
Sunday was about the same.
Yesterday he didn’t eat in the morning until midnoon. But in the afternoon he got a lot better and was behaving normally as a healthy puppy.
Today Lucas shows no symptoms of distemper.
I have another story. There is another dog (mixed breed) who my sister and I pick up from the street. She is about 9 months old. This dog that my sister named Joana we also took her to the vet and check her for distemper which was negative on February 6. Joana presented same symptoms that Lucas presented 3 days after him, but distemper was negative that day. Since she kept having fever, we did the distemper test 3 days after and this time it was positive. Yesterday she was given the NDV treatment. I will let you know about her recovery.
I really have hope that Lucas and Joana will be saved.